Job Title: Accountant
Company: Jordan Youth Innovation Forum
Location: Amman, Jordan
JORDAN YOUTH INNOVATOIN FORUM is a non-governmental organization dedicated to fostering youth active participation through economic empowerment and social engagement. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the organization’s financial resources and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial records for Samim Program.
SAMIM a two-year programme is a multi-country regional programme that will intervene in four countries around the Mediterranean, namely Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan and Mauritania in order to support local civil society organisations and local non-government organisations (NGOs). The program is funded by the AFD Agence Française de Développement. The programme is defined around two main objectives: i) to develop a network of support structures (SS) in the Mediterranean that contributes to the development of local civil society; ii) to improve the capacities of young people from Mediterranean civil society organisations to lead sustainable and innovative territorial projects.
• Maintaining accurate financial records and ensuring compliance with financial regulations
• Preparing financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
• Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Assisting with budget preparation and forecasting
• Overseeing the organization’s audit process
• Identifying and implementing financial policies and procedures
• Providing support to management and other staff on financial matters
• Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in accounting or finance
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial regulations
• Proficiency with accounting software, such as QuickBooks or Xero
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff, management, and external stakeholders
We welcome diverse candidates and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.